Skip the main content if you do not want to read it as the next section.
Responsibilities of the Network Programme Board:
The Board works on behalf of the whole local NHS, providing leadership in the planning and co-ordination of cancer services. The GMCCN Programme Board is also responsible for monitoring how local services are putting the recommendations of the NHS Cancer Plan into practice.
It looks at the work of the Network as a whole and:
- Makes final decisions on Network issues relating to cancer in the local area
- Sets the directions and boundaries for all Network groups
- Authorises decisions made by Network groups
- Builds-on and agrees the process of decision making used by Network groups, where appropriate
- Develops and communicates a Network viewpoint in situations where national cancer guidelines cannot be followed
- Makes decisions on what will be included in Network development plans
- Checks that local services are able to carry out what has been recommended
- Communicates with local health Chief Executives, Network Locality Groups, Directors of Commissioning, Directors of Modernisation, and the Network as a whole.
- Makes sure that the Network is working closely with patients and is taking their views into consideration.
Membership of the Network Programme Board:
The Board is made up of the following health professionals:
- Network Chair
- Network Executive Team
- Chief Executive representatives from the Primary Care Trust and Acute Hospital Trusts in each sector of the Network
- Patient / User representatives from the Network PUP Group.
For more details on the membership of the Network Programme Board, please contact the member of staff listed at the bottom of this page.
The Board meets every two months. Click here to go to the online calendar, where you can find dates for future and previous meetings of the Board, as well as download agendas and notes from these meetings.
If you have a question about, or want more details on this group, please contact:
Administration & Support Team
Tel: 0161 920 9705