Skip the main content if you do not want to read it as the next section.
You might like to ask your doctor or nurse:
- Why are you recommending chemotherapy for me? Are there any other treatment options?
- Will I have any other treatments for my cancer?
- What are the risks and benefits of this treatment?
- Which drugs will you give me?
- How will you give me the drugs?
- How often will I have to go for treatment?
- How long will each treatment session last? Will I have to stay in hospital?
- Where will I go to have my treatment?
- How long will I have to wait for my treatment to start?
- How will I feel during treatment? What side effects might there be?
- Will I still be able to work during my treatment?
- What can I do to help myself during treatment?
- Could the treatment make me infertile? Is there any help available?
- Who can I talk with if I have any questions or worries?
- If I feel unwell during my treatment, what should I do? Who should I contact?
- When will you be able to tell me how well I'm responding to treatment?
- What follow up checks will I need? How often will they be?